What is Drive Less Pay Less?
An option on our policies designed for people with cars driven less than 10,000 miles per year. The less you drive your car, the less you pay for its insurance. You can save up to an additional 50% off your normal insurance rates. Our biggest discount EVER OFFERED!
It’s as easy as...
- Insure your car with us and have your odometer mileage recorded by one of our agents
- Keep your policy in force for at least 60 days with no lapse in coverage
- Get another odometer reading when you come in to pay your bill
How it works...
If you don’t already have insurance with Auto Insurance America buy a policy today! You can purchase it online, over the phone or by stopping by one of our convenient locations.
Drive your low mileage car to one of our locations to activate your Drive Less Pay Less option. In less than five minutes, your agent will record your odometer reading and vehicle ID number (VIN).
Keep your insurance in force and paid up (no lapses) for two months after your first odometer reading.
When you get your next insurance bill, bring in your payment and get another odometer reading taken by your agent.
That’s IT! If the miles you’ve driven between odometer readings average less than 833 miles per month, you’re eligible for an instant discount off your next bill.
Thereafter, you can get your odometer checked every time you come in to make a payment. There’s no downside. If you’ve averaged more than 833 miles per month, you just pay the amount you were billed. If you’ve averaged less, you get another Drive Less Pay Less discount applied to your next bill.
- I already have insurance with Auto Insurance America.
Can I enroll in Drive Less Pay Less?
Yes! Just stop by one of our locations to have your vehicle enrolled in the program and your odometer read. Then, keep your policy paid up and in force for two months and you will be eligible for another odometer reading and a Drive Less Pay Less discount when you stop by to pay your next bill. After that, you can come in as often as every month for continued low mileage savings.
- I bought my insurance online. Can I qualify for Drive Less Pay Less?
Yes. Just bring your car to one of our locations for its odometer readings. The first two readings have to be at least 45 days apart. After your first two readings, you can come by as often as every month, or as infrequently as every six months for continued low mileage savings.
- Will my undiscounted rate increase if I drive more than 10,000 miles per year?
No! The rate you are quoted entitles you to drive unlimited miles without effecting your rate. Drive Less – Pay Less is a bonus discount on top of your other policy discounts!
- Can I still save with Drive Less Pay Less if I drive over 10,000 miles per year?
Sometimes. If you have a monthly policy and there are times during the year when you drive less than other times, it might pay to take a reading before and after your low mile months to collect a discount for the months when you didn’t drive as much. Example: You drive 12,000 miles per year, but for three months in the summer you only drive about 1,000 miles in total.
- Get a reading when you start your low mileage period
- Keep your policy paid up with no lapses (paying your normal rate)
- Get a reading at the end of your low mileage period
- Apply your Drive Less – Pay Less credit against your next renewal bill (for monthly policies only)
- If my Drive Less Pay Less discount is based on odometer readings three months apart, can I pay the discounted rate on a month by month basis for the next three months?
Unfortunately, no. Your discount is a percentage of the premium you pay on your next bill only. If you choose to pay for only one month with three months of low mileage history, you will only receive the discount on that one month policy term. Thereafter, it takes another odometer reading to restart your average miles.
- I have three cars and two of them would qualify for Drive Less Pay Less discounts, but it’s not convenient to drive both of them in when I make my payment. How can I get both discounts?
You can bring in each car separately to have its odometer reading taken. You can even bring the cars in on separate days. When you bring in the last car you want checked for Drive Less – Pay Less, simply pay your renewal bill and get both discounts credited against your payment.
- How long do I have to wait to be eligible for my Drive Less Pay Less discount?
We need a minimum of 45 days between odometer readings before we can compute your initial discount for your next bill. Thereafter, as long as you keep your policy paid up and in force, you can have your odometer checked every time you come in to make a payment.
- I traded in my car. Can I apply the low miles from my old car to the new one?
No. When you remove a car previously under Drive Less – Pay Less, you remove its mileage history as well. A replacement or new car on your policy needs to be registered at one of our locations to take an initial odometer reading. A second reading must take place at least 45 days later. Thereafter, the new car is active in the Drive Less – Pay Less cycle.
- How many months can I renew my policy with a Drive Less Pay Less discount?
If you have a 6 month policy, the answer is 6 months. For monthly policies, it depends on how long it has been between your odometer readings. If it has been 32 to 60 days or less, you can apply your Drive Less – Pay Less discount on a renewal of up to two months; 61-90 days, up to three months, etc. Six months is the maximum allowable renewal term with a Drive Less – Pay Less discount.
Example: It has been 160 days between odometer readings. You can apply the discount for up to six months.
- It’s a pain to drive to an office to participate in Drive Less Pay Less. Isn’t there a way you could send someone to me?
Not yet. We’re evaluating several options to expand the program beyond its current scope. For now, just keep checking the web site for future developments.
- I live too far away from an Auto Insurance America location to drive in for Drive Less Pay Less.
Is there a way I can participate in the program?
Not yet. Drive Less – Pay Less is a pilot program approved by the Nevada Division of Insurance. During its first year, it will be limited to cars physically inspected by Auto Insurance America agents.
- I don’t live near an Auto Insurance America office. When can I take advantage of Drive Less Pay Less?
The next phase of the program is being developed for a launch by early-next year.
- I let my policy lapse and paid late. Can I re-qualify for Drive Less Pay Less discount?
Yes. You just need to re-register your car’s odometer reading and then get a second reading a minimum of 45 days later when you come in to pay your next bill. Thereafter, as long as you keep your policy paid up and in force, you can have your odometer checked every time you come in to make a payment.